Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast

Showing 3 responses by tomic601

Go listen to the Treo CT
i can assure you the level of engineering in that box equals anything KEF can do
nothing wrong with KEF
as for no power outlets
decent electrician couple of hundred bucks each
full disclosure I am a happy Vandersteen 7 owner with a set of Treo CT on order
i could have gone North in the product line but figure the subwoofer would just $&@&$ ! Off the downstairs neighbors....
enjoy your quest

forget the pissing match
go hear the Vandersteen s and as others have said a bunch of reference level speakers - what a great place you are in at this price range - blessed really
they are known for imaging and coherent sound
you have plenty of amp for them to shine

quattro CT
you might get lucky and find a pair of 5acarbons...
powered bass and bass EQ