Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast

Showing 2 responses by bassdude

Nothing you’ve mentioned comes close to the Legacy Audio Aeris. And... there’s a like new pair on the for sale forum. Quit agonizing over it... and... just be done with it... with the best sound you’ll ever hear for the price... or... maybe, just... ever hear, regardless of price.
There’s a couple of pair of the Legacy Audio Aeris for sale on Audiogon and on USAudiomart - both like new... and... both at the low end of your price range! Don’t hesitate at these prices - $10,000 to $13,000!!!

And... you can easily safely crate them and ship them (with a freight carrier) for... say... $1000.

I’d buy either pair... except... I’m not sure I want to invest in anything that heavy (difficult to place, position, move) - like moving a refrigerator. And... I have insufficient room right now, until I complete my 20x20 media room over next year.

The real test is how absolutely realistic a cello, or double bass, or piano sounds with every bit of texture and detail and harmonics in every note, not to mention their incredible soundstage and imaging (of an open baffle speaker)!

But... there is really nothing up to $100K that compares!