Stick with Aerial 20T to play above 100Hz? Or MBL?

Hello,
I have Aerial 20T mkII, but because of room limitations I feel they output too much bass. If I am placing the 20Ts where they produce a large soundstage, which is close to the side walls, and where the midrange is fantastic I get problems in the 80Hz region. I have two Aerial SW12s and when I use these under 100Hz (and with their built-in EQ) and the 20Ts from the high pass output to play above 100Hz I am quite happy, much better result than with 20Ts alone.

This has led me to think maybe there are other speakers that would be better than the 20Ts, superb performers above 100Hz and that also would do a great job in HT, although music is no. 1 priority.

I am thinking of MBL 111f or maybe monitors like Tidal Amea Diacera.

I use my speakers in a combined 2ch/HT setup. The rest of the speakers are all Aerial Acoustics. My room is 14x18. Speakers along short wall.

What do you think?
cappuccino

Showing 1 response by wireless200

If you got two SW12s then you might as well get some monitors. For that matter get a pair of 5Bs. I can't imagine using SW12s with 20Ts. 20Ts are already full range speakers. Why don't you plug the port on the bottom? Email Aerial and see what they recommend.