Stereovox LSP-600c and Merlin?

Hello. I am currently using Merlin VSM-MXe with Audience AU24 speaker cables. I'm looking to upgrade my cables and I would like something that would be a noticeable improvement, not a slight, you might be able to hear a subtle difference kind of "improvement".

I have a good opportunity on a pair of Stereovox LSP-600c and was wondering what their general sound was like. I read the Stereophile review and they sounded a little cold or at least leaning that way which has me a little concerned but again, I wondered what people who've heard them think.

I am looking for something that presents a good soundstage, quiet background, good detail, full real (not overblown) harmonics, with good dynamics and PRAT, (how's that for a tall order).

Price wise I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible but I realize I'm going to have to spend to get all or most of that in a cable. Let's say in the 2K range just to give you some parameters to work with but obviously less is better but there's no point in throwing out a 5K suggestion.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
bhoage

Showing 1 response by lindisfarne

Your gear is great. I'd stick. Your set-up looks weird (and less than optimal). Move stuff around and see, unless you have a need to spend money.