Stereophile review of the T-Amp

Just a little joke! Of course Stereophile would never review such a small piece, especially amidst all those beautiful expensive pieces. But, just for fun I hooked up a T-amp to Axiom M3ti speakers and a small portable CDP in my bedroom. At low to moderate volume it is very impressive for the cost. Not impressive compared to everything else I have or you have, but for under $400 total?? My wife wasn't impressed, but I don't think she's been impressed by anything else in the bedroom for a while! ;) Anyway, I hope some of you enjoyed the teaser line and what the heck, try an inexpensive system for a change. You might be surprised! Now back to the usual esoterica!
tgrisham

Showing 3 responses by robm321

The T-amp has been around and is legit for the price. It should almost be bought just for that reason, and some people use it and put it in another case and mod it.

It just shows what can be done on the cheap. I'm not buying one simply because it won't replace my current amp, and I'd play with it and put it in the closet and never see it again. But for someone wanting to get into audio, it could be a cheap way to see what it's all about.
Just be careful, there are some conversations on headfi that mention electrical issues.

One guy fried his AKG K1K (one of the earspeakers). I guess you still get what you paid for.
Tgrisham,

They can't be bridged. So, you'd have the same results as just one.

From what I've read anyway.

Rob