Stereo Tube Amps for JM Labs Electra 927 Be

In another thread I asked about monoblocks and it seems the Sixpacs were a good choice. But someone said I was limiting myself by choosing only monoblocks.

So what Stereo tube amps would you suggest?
dolifant
Why limit yourself to stereo tube amps, why not ss monos, stereo, hybrid integrateds, integrateds, SET's, digital switching, ICE, battery powered, etc.

Of course you are limiting yourself, you have to start doing it somehow. Go with what you want, you want monos, get monos. FYI - I have the Six Pacs, great amps!

Good luck,
I already have what I believe is a great integrated...the Musical Fidelity A308, and it has a nice phono stage I am enjoying every day. I just want to try the tbe sound with the analog front end. I am seriously considering the sixpacs. There are 2 sets on Audiogon now.
I own 936s which I use Aragon monoblocs with at 400wpc, not the best high powered amps I ever heard but even though 400wpc high current may seem like complete overkil I can tell you the 936s with the bigger double woofers despite rated at 8 ohms have a nast drop to what I assume and my Buddy Trelja wo has heard them repeatedly ,that there is a drop to something below 4 ohms when playing bass heavy music. Therefore head room is important if you use tubes on your smaller 92? newer model 926, I would very seriously recommend some overkill that is get really powerful tube amps at least 100wpc. By the way they struggle with tubes because they still have ohm drop and then the mids and treble that present a difficult load. Believe me I have tried my low watt tube amp(s) with them, Not a pretty picture. Seriously think either classD which I don't love or a well condition pure Class A SS. I have heard them with BAT 150se amps their best pre etc at HES and they were beautiful but you need serious bucks for that set up! Power my Man honestly. Tubes are going to be real hard.
There are 2 Music Reference RM-9 amps for sale here now. Rated 100 watts, but put out closer to 125 watts. I bought one about a month ago after using a Cary V12i (sister to the six packs) with my Spendor 1/2e speakers. The Cary was great, but just couldn't seem to satisfy the Spendors. The Music Reference did the trick. Uses the EL-34 tubes I like the sound of and has adjustable gain switches for the flexibility I need. Roger Modjeski updated my RM-9 to MkII status (nice that he only live a few miles from me) and they sound even better now.
I own 936s which I use Aragon monoblocs with at 400wpc, not the best high powered amps I ever heard, but a good deal. Even though 400wpc high current may seem like complete overkill. I can tell you the 936s with the big double woofers, despite rated at 8 ohms have a nasty impedance drop. I assume and my Buddy Trelja who has heard them repeatedly, estimate a drop to something below 4 ohms when playing bass heavy music. Therefore headroom is important. You may be able to use tubes on your smaller newer model 926, Howoever I would very seriously recommend some overkill. Get really powerful tube amps at least 100wpc such as a cary V12 pentode, or the sixpacks and an active pre to give it some gain boost. Better yet is very powerful underated superamp like a Jadis DA60 which must actually provide ar least 100wpc from the plate dissaption data, suggesting more like 120wpc with massive transformers. You never see them used for more than a few second but Pierre Gabriel (anAgon member pgstudios I think but look under the Jadis Manufacturer link on this board) has them and the newer version the DA-88 model, if you have the bucks that is they are very expensive new . You will have a struggle with smaller tube amps because they still have ohm drop to deal with and then conversley the mids and treble that present a difficult load which tube amps usually respond to but they need the reserves. Believe me I have tried my 40-50 watt tube amp(s) with them. Not a pretty picture.
Seriously think either class D which I don't personally care for but are cheap big power. Better yet a well conditioned pure Class A SS.
I have heard the nova Utopias with BAT 150se amps with their best pre/ VK5i etc at HES and they were beautiful almost crytaline clear retaining really tone but you need serious bucks for that set up. Much more than the Jadis!

Power my Man honestly. Tubes are going to be real hard row to hoe.