stereo review magazine

any thoughts on the old 'stereo review' magazine!! i've read them since the early 70's to their end!!!
128x128g_nakamoto
I was with my dad at the local stereo store when he bought his 901's. Yeah, imaging wasn't exactly precise in the living room where he set them up, but man they could blast the dB's.  Me and my high school girlfriend had many a deafening makeout session. When Dad moved on to Tannoys, I ended up with the 901's. Cutting to the chase, I entered a whole new world of audio-dom when I bought a pair of KEF Corellis.  
Lawsuit from Bose was against consumer reports because of a specific subjective comment that the sound moved around the room. Initial judgement was for Bose.  Reversed by appellate court.’  Cr was flawed in there speaker rating based audio measurements of a musical signal in an an echo ic chamber.  However I won’t buy an appliance, tv, or auto without reading their reviews that are unbiased by advertising.
Unbiased, maybe. Uninformed, definitely. I too was a big believer in CR. Until I started noticing reviews about things I happened to know a lot about. Every single time it turned out they totally missed the point of the product. After a while it got to where I wouldn’t trust them to rate a toaster. Nowadays with it being so easy to find actual end user reviews there is zero point in reading them at all.

Except maybe for entertainment value. Testing a Pontiac the same as a Porsche. Hilarious.
the MX-110z, 240 an Idler Dual TT w a V15 and big Bozaks showed up in 1965..... who needed to read ?

Sensible Sound, now that was a publication breakthrough 
i trust their [CR] car reviews. their beer reviews were pretty on-the-mark as well. their audio reviews OTOH needed some re-thinking IMHO based on how well they rated the bose acoustimass, same applies to SR. granted, i have several bose products [AWMS, wave radio, lifestyle 30, cinemate SR-1, NC headphones] and they are suitable in their realms [well-recorded pop music, anything less well-recorded is intolerable through their equipment with the exception of the SR-1 and wave radio which were probably the best-sounding (overall) of the things they ever made]. their headphones sound veiled, however.