Stepping up to Air Line Arm?

So, the dealer from whom I bought the Kuzma Stabi Reference and Triplanar VII a few weeks ago has offered me a 'deal' which, at least in financial terms, seems good: what I paid (essentially retail) for the table and arm, plus a few thousand for a Kuzma XL plus Air line arm.

My questions: I haven't used more recent tangent arms- had an ET2 for a while back in the day. The beauty of the Triplanar is essentially set and forgot. I'm not a tweak-ologist, setting VTA for every record. So, is the Air line going to be too much trouble for a neandrathal like me?

On the table, I see few trade-offs: the bigger table will allow mulitple arms, and presumably has more 'authority.'
Not sure what to put it on, its a truly heavy thing, and the
Infinite Pagode Reference Wall Shelf I ordered for the Kuzma Reference will 'only' support 60 kg.
Ideas, comments, etc.

As always, TIA!
128x128whart

Showing 4 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

My ftriend,a serious audiophile/music lover,collector,had a heavy table/Air Tangent arm,mounted to great effect on an active air isolation system.This sat on a heavy floor stand(300 lbs,when loaded with lead shot).He has a 75 year old home,with wooden flooring.The air platform was a BIG improvement!

Best!
This business of lack of strong deep bass is absurd,based on my fifteen years of hearing the Air Tangent in a very full range set-up.I believe it is up to the hobbyist/owner to fully realize any potential,that the system may have.Some don't and that is where the problems arise.In the case of the Air Tangent's owner,he moved to a different,heavier duty pump,after initial purchase.It was GRAND!!
Whart,no problem,and you did not push any bottons.You have every right to be inquisitive,and remember I'm certainly not the last word in audio stuff!

Best!
The above comments are correct.The Airline will be well worth any efforts,should it be anywhere close to the advanced buzz about it's performance.My friend just got rid of his Air Tangent,in favor of a unipivot arm.There is a clear loss of performance,that he will come around to realizing,once he gets over the "joy of low maintenance"!

Best!