Static from right channel with Rotel RA1062 Amp

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1062 integrated amp with the RCD-1072 CD player. I connected them to a pair of Pennaudio Rebel 2 speakers with Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable. I have all the components connected to a PS Audio Juice Bar outlet. I played a some CDs on the first day and it seemed to be working fine. On the second day, I started getting some static or crackly sounds from the right channel. It happens sometimes in between songs or during a song. It also happens when I raise the volume to about 7 or 8 oclock on the amp.

I checked the connections on the speaker cable and the interconnects and they are all connected properly. I switched out the interconnects with a pair of Monster M550i to test and I still get the static from the right speaker channel. So I switched the speakers around and I still get the same static sound from the right channel.

Is it the CD player or the amp that could be causing it?

Nicholas
nickt035

Showing 1 response by nickt035

Okay thanks. It turns out that it's the CDP. I crossed the interconnects as you said and the static sounds moved to the left channel.

To be sure, we connected a DVD player to the amp, popped in a CD and let it play all the way through and there were no static or popping noises.

Thanks for your response.