Static from right channel with Rotel RA1062 Amp

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1062 integrated amp with the RCD-1072 CD player. I connected them to a pair of Pennaudio Rebel 2 speakers with Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable. I have all the components connected to a PS Audio Juice Bar outlet. I played a some CDs on the first day and it seemed to be working fine. On the second day, I started getting some static or crackly sounds from the right channel. It happens sometimes in between songs or during a song. It also happens when I raise the volume to about 7 or 8 oclock on the amp.

I checked the connections on the speaker cable and the interconnects and they are all connected properly. I switched out the interconnects with a pair of Monster M550i to test and I still get the static from the right speaker channel. So I switched the speakers around and I still get the same static sound from the right channel.

Is it the CD player or the amp that could be causing it?

Nicholas
nickt035
I checked the connections on the speaker cable and the interconnects and they are all connected properly. I switched out the interconnects with a pair of Monster M550i to test and I still get the static from the right speaker channel. So I switched the speakers around and I still get the same static sound from the right channel.

Is it the CD player or the amp that could be causing it?

Cross the ics between the CDP and the amp. In other words connect the Left channel out of the CDP to the Right ch in of the Amp, and the Right ch out of the CDP to the Left ch in of the Amp. If the static moves to the left ch speaker it is the CDP.

Good chance it is the amp, Could be a cold solder joint. Maybe as simple as the right ch RCA line input jack. Try another RCA Line input set of jacks on the Amp.

It happens sometimes in between songs or during a song. It also happens when I raise the volume to about 7 or 8 o'clock on the amp.

Possibly a dirty volume control. With the unit turned off rotate the volume control several times back and forth quickly around the 7 to 8 o'clock area of the control.
Rotel RA1062 Amp
Okay thanks. It turns out that it's the CDP. I crossed the interconnects as you said and the static sounds moved to the left channel.

To be sure, we connected a DVD player to the amp, popped in a CD and let it play all the way through and there were no static or popping noises.

Thanks for your response.