Starting out Audiophile separates?

I'm 16 years old and starting to get into High End Audio. I'm looking for a Pre/Pro combination for a 5.1/5.2 home theater system I'm working on.Like I said, I'm new to this and just starting out, and I'm only 16, So I don't have a crazy budget. If you could recommend sub $500ea Pres and Pros, that would be of great help. Thank you.
chanceshaw

Showing 1 response by zd542

It may be a better option for you to get a good quality receiver to start off with. Pretty much all of them have pre amp outs for all of the channels, so later on you can add separate power amps and still use the receiver as a preamp. If you go to audioadvisor.com and look at their HT receivers, they have an NAD T758 on sale for $1000 and a Marantz S5009 for $900. If it were my choice, I would go for the NAD. They focus on high build quality and best possible sound for the money. While it's possible to go with separates, at your price point there just aren't that many choices. If you want to upgrade at a later point, then it would make sense to go with separates.