Standmount speakers. I have $5000.

I'm shopping standmount speakers. I have $5000.  New or pre-owned is fine.

And:

Micromega M100 integrated pre/amp/dac
Syzygy SLF870 sub x2 (12" drivers, 1200w ea, 20-200Hz, room correction)
Dynaudio Stand 4

room = ~5000 cu. ft, 20'x 18' with 13'-17' vaulted ceiling

The new standmounts will replace Nola Boxers v1 ($1500 new in 2013)

I'm lazy about travel to audition anything but might for local options (esp. to vet pre-owned). I'd probly deal with in-home trial.

As semi-arbitrary starting point I'm looking at Salk SS 7M's ($4995 new). Any others I simply must consider?

Thanks!
usery
I've owned several standout standmounts over the past decade.

1. Focal 1007BE + HSU sub. This setup was driven by a McIntosh MA7000 integrated amp. Very musical combo.

2. KEF LS50's. Obviously too small for your room.

3. KEF Reference 1's (no sub) driven by a Hegel H590 integrated. Unbelievable set up. Very musical and with far more resolution than the Focal's/McIntosh. Not sure if the McIntosh held the Focal's back or if the Reference 1's are just better.

The Reference 1's retail for 8k plus stands but you should be able to secure a pair for 5k. Currently one pair up on audiogon https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9gbi9-kef-reference-1-bookshelf-speakers-glossy-rosewood-pair-1. No affiliation, mine are gloss black. Not sure if they meet wife acceptance... Mine are at the office!

Regardless, I'd recommend a larger boxed bookshelf given your room size. I'm in agreement that the Harbeth's wouldn't be ideal for electronic music.

Good luck!

Ken
I just got the B&W 805 D3 and couldn’t be happier....excellent quality speakers.
They have a bit too much treble no?
Kenjit......actually I really never noticed to much treble with these speakers although I do use the equalizer controls on my McIntosh C48 pre amp to fine tune for my ears.
Kenjit, he actually had an audiogram and then after that went through a frequency sweep in .01 increments where he rated each cycle, or hertz, on a scale from 1-1000, depending on how much he liked that particular hertz.  It was a lengthy process but was needed in order to establish a baseline.

After that, he took his data and entered it into a database where every single speaker ever made has had it’s exact frequency response plotted and graphed.  After years and years of research he landed himself on the perfect speaker for his ears AND listening preferences based on how the results of HIS hearing and HIS listening preferences.

I’m not quite sure if you analyzed the results of his audio gram and the results of his preferred frequency response graphs but if you have not, whats your basis for determining that the B&W’s have too much treble for his personal tastes, in his room, with his associated equipment...

Maybe you would be so kind as to enlighten us further as to how you came to that conclusion...
“I do use the equalizer controls on my McIntosh C48 pre amp to fine tune for my ears.”

OMG, are you saying that you were able to tune your speakers to your liking with 1 knob??  Why the heck did we run the Audiosweep / Audiogram / Frequency Response preference tests?

I think Kenjit might be right afterall.  Those speakers have too much treble for your ears... we’ll need to do the tests all over again :(