Standmount speakers. I have $5000.

I'm shopping standmount speakers. I have $5000.  New or pre-owned is fine.

And:

Micromega M100 integrated pre/amp/dac
Syzygy SLF870 sub x2 (12" drivers, 1200w ea, 20-200Hz, room correction)
Dynaudio Stand 4

room = ~5000 cu. ft, 20'x 18' with 13'-17' vaulted ceiling

The new standmounts will replace Nola Boxers v1 ($1500 new in 2013)

I'm lazy about travel to audition anything but might for local options (esp. to vet pre-owned). I'd probly deal with in-home trial.

As semi-arbitrary starting point I'm looking at Salk SS 7M's ($4995 new). Any others I simply must consider?

Thanks!
usery

Showing 4 responses by jtgofish

The Dynaudio Confidence C1s are the best stand mounts I have heard.-and by a big margin.You can get a second hand pair of them for $5000.The next tier down Contours are decent but nowhere near the C1s.
The vast majority of musical content lies in the midrange.Yes it might be optimal to have low bass but most music does not have much low bass and the best way of achieving that if you want it is with a pair of active subwoofers [probably with DSP].
The Osborn Eos Reference Elite uses the best of the best drivers.
These are fantastic speakers and with the Aussie dollar now only US 68cents a complete bargain and well under US $5000.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&...
"...Osborn Eos Reference Elite"
jtgof: these are intriguing. If price on their website is AUD it works out to under $2800 USD. Of course, availability anbd/or ship-to in USA is a question as is warranty service should anything go wrong. <= probly low likelihood.

Osborn make really good sounding speakers.That price is unbelievably good for the quality of components.Clearly Osborn operate on very low profit margins.They exhibit every year at the Melbourne Hi Fi Show and usually have the best or in the top few best sounding rooms.