Stand alone tweeter?

Dear all,
I think my speaker’s HF sounds too harsh, I have tried all possible acoustics treatment that I can afford and repositioning it, however it still sounds harsh.

I am not good in DIYing, and the dealer said that the tweeter is ok, and for now my budget doesn’t allow me to buy new speakers.

I understand that there are stand alone super tweeter, but is there any stand alone tweeter?

What is considered best to produce smooth HF?

Thanks alot in advance for any advice
gondo101

Showing 3 responses by gondo101

James1969,
Thanks forvthe advice.
But to me, it is not a “noise” but unfortunatelly  the tweeter really sounds harsh. I borrowed an equalizer and helped only a bit
Many thanks all for all the advices.

i will try to see if power conditioner can help.
I have tried all the possible positioning, for the treatment i have tried to position rugs and even borrow some panel treatment.

or maybe my speaker is just simply aging.
It maybe true that the harsh sound are ly happened when I play modern pop but sounds good when playing trio acoustic jazz combo.

@timlub, actually I am looking for stand alone tweeter notbsuper tweeter, so that I can just connect the jumper wire to this tweeter so by passing the speakers’ tweters itself.
Wow, so many “tricks” that I was not aware of :)
Except cartridges, tone arm, and music server, all were bought as second hand (half of it is demo unit from stores whose owner I know in person).

Maybe it’s time to get new speakers, but buying speakers is a bit scary, because if I find it’s not what I expect, it’s difficult to sell.

thanks again for all advices