Stand Alone Super Tweeter for Revel F208?

Hello,
I would like to add some sparkle to my Revel F208 speakers. I recently bought some Totem Hawks and Gallo 3.5s and the top end sparkle is amazing. Any recommendations?
Ben 
honashagen

Showing 3 responses by helomech

Totems have ringing tweeters, that's the "sparkle" you're hearing. Revels need no help in the treble region. 
A friends B&W 802D2 has that sparkle I’m referring to as well. Ringing tweeter also?

If a driver cone sounds like the material it’s made of, as is the case with many speakers mentioned here, then yes (yeah, yeah, I'm well aware of cone breakup measurements...) I’ll call it "ringing" since that’s what it sounds like to my ears. You can call it "sparkle," but I believe what you’re hearing is the inherent properties of cone materials masquerading as extra detail. That’s great for selling speakers to home theater buffs, not so great for long term musical enjoyment.

Golden Ear Triton one’s achieve this by a severe boost around 10 kHz. If that’s the sound you want, you need to sculpt the HF response.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/goldenear-technology-triton-one-loudspeaker-measurements

<< shiver >> god those speakers are ear drills to me.... but for many this may make up for lost hearing there, so the combination of spaeker + owner may be ideal.
"Ear drill" is the perfect description. I’ve always suspected they were designed for older listeners (the guys who tend to have money) with hearing loss.