Stacking Components

What are some thoughts on stacking components, is heat or vibration an issue.I am thinking to stack my phono stage and DAC..Thank you,Couglas
couglas
This all sounds academic. But what does it really mean, here in the real world? 

Many years ago back when I was just starting to learn how much these things matter I brought a set of BDR Cones over to show a friend how great they are. They had by this time been used under scores of different components in dozens of different systems, including ones just like his mid-fi rack of Sony, Kenwood, JVC, etc. It was always easy to hear the same improvement every time.

The only difference with his system, all his stuff was stacked one on top of the other. 

In this case he heard nothing and I could barely hear any difference at all. This had never happened before.

So the real world implications of stacking are you wind up with smeared distorted garbled dreck, bad enough to mask even a significant upgrade. You are in other words throwing your money away. Own goal. Don't do it.
Agree with what everyone else is saying plus the RFI/EMI interplay potential. You really need to give your gear a chance to sound their best and it’s you’re reducing that possibility by stacking.
@petg60 said,

" Not the best idea but can do if space is a factor.
I would put the heavier unit on top."

Even though my Yamaha CD-S1000 CD/SACD player has pretty solid heft(33 lbs) to begin with, I have it's matching A-S1000 integrated amp and it's 48.5 lbs sitting right on top.  No issues(noise, vibrations, etc.) at all and maybe a few benefits.

Bill
willand, you said:
Even though my Yamaha CD-S1000 CD/SACD player has pretty solid heft(33 lbs) to begin with, I have it's matching A-S1000 integrated amp and it's 48.5 lbs sitting right on top. No issues(noise, vibrations, etc.) at all and maybe a few benefits.

Try separating them with proper isolation underneath each, and see if you still feel the same.