SS vs. Tubes with Vandersteen 2ce sig II

Hello everyone,
I have been driving my Vandersteen 2ce Signature IIs with tube integrateds since I bought them 4 years ago. My current amp is a PrimaLuna Dialog HP Premium with the stock EL34s and NOS Ciftes in the preamp section. I am searching for a bit more clarity, especially in the mids. I would consider moving to a solid state power amp and either tube or ss preamp if it would provide the clarity I am looking for (and if I could find a buyer for my PL). Wondering if anyone out there has made the move from tube integrated to solid state power amp with their Vandys, and what sonic differences you noticed. I have heard good reports about Ayre and Bryston, for example, and have seen several of each for sale here (looking at used gear only). My room is sizeable and multipurpose--open floor plan, with 15' ceilings. Listening position is about 7' from the speakers, which are pulled out about 3 feet from the back wall.

Thanks.

Vandersteen 2ce Signature II, PrimaLuna Dialog Premium, VPI Prime, Hana SH, SimAudio Moon 110 lp with outboard power supply, Jolida 100A, Auralic Altair, Mapleshade Golden Helix (double runs in biwire configuration), various interconnects (Blue Jeans, Signal, Heartland), GIK Acoustics room treatments.
eskelinfan
I located a very clean Bryston 3B SST and an Audio Research sp16, both of which should arrive next week. Then I can do some A/B testing and make a decision. Looking forward to the trials!
Them's two nice nice amps.
I will await your opinion. I have never listened to either, but I do know they are well respected manufacturers.
Bob
Hi again, everyone! 

I have been living with the Bryston/Audio Research combination for a few days now, and am very impressed. It seems to be doing exactly what I wanted it to--mids are much clearer, bass has more punch and authority. I haven't gone back to the PrimaLuna since I installed the new gear, but I am hoping to do some proper A/B testing this weekend. More as it develops.

Chris
 I've heard the Vandy 2's more times than I can remember, in many different rooms with many different components.  I consider them as perhaps the best value in audio history. I am quite serious.
 FWIW,  I've always preferred them powered with ss gear, though the newer models seem to work better with tubes than the earlier ones. I've particularly liked them with McCormack, PSE and Krell. I've heard them sound quite nice with tube gear from Audio Research (and I'm not usually a big fan of the brand) and Quicksilver.
I just spent a nice day with my son, comparing the Bryston/Audio Research combination with the PrimaLuna Dialog HP integrated. In the end, we both preferred the solid state power/tube pre combination to the full tube integrated. It was pretty obvious to both of us, actually. I loved the PL, having lived with it for two years, but found it lacking in midrange clarity and bottom end punch. I suspect that with the right speakers, it could be a winner, but with my Vandys, not so.