SS Amp Preference for DeVore Fidelity Silverbacks

I run my Silverbacks with either a Luxman MQ-88 (colder months) or a Nagra PSA (warmer months). The pre is a Shindo Masseto. I love both of these amps, which expectedly have very different sonic signatures. I am upgrading another system by incorporating the Nagra, so I am in the market for a very good SS amp for my Silverbacks. Hoping to get some recommendations based on actual listening experience with the recommended amp(s) and the Silverbacks (preferably) or other DeVore Fidelity speakers. The amp I choose will necessarily need to run cool to warm, so class A amps are unfortunately not an option for me. As always, thank you in advance for all comments!
4musica44107

Showing 2 responses by rhythmace4218

I have heard the Devore's at a few shows powered with Dan's amps and was really impressed every time with the synergy. I am a tube guy, but for the money I like Dan's ss designs. I remember sitting down at the show to listen to this pairing and thinking how little there was to criticize. The devores have such a laid back, very natural way about them that is utterly musical, and the modwright gear preserved this, but added a little jump factor to the presentation. The sound was excellent at the frequency extremes and the midrange still had texture and musicality in spades. I've had the opportunity to listen to Dan's gear in other systems and have consistently been impressed time after time. I hope this helps.

Darrin