SR BLACK UEF Outlet break-in and why you shouldntdo multiple tweaks at once.

I've recently had the good fortune of acquiring some more SR products, namely the powercell 8se with UEF black outlets and atmosphere 2.0 power cable , mig 2.0 to replace my Herbies tenderfeet for my source , UEF panels, which have yet to arrive, and a UEF outlet for the wall, which replaced a teslaplex se.

Now, The powercell came first, and I am  FLOORED at how much improvement this conditioner brought to my system.  From the initial fire up, it sounds absolutely stunning. It now has about 6 days of break in.  It was so good, I ordered the additional mentioned items, which came yesterday, minus the panels.

I properly replaced the the teslaplex se in the wall with the black UEF, and installed the mig 2.0's under the source and Played with both settings. The sound quality took a couple of steps backwards, from these two installations. Funny because, the powercell's UEF outlets never went through any "ugly" phase, but this black outlet in the wall, without any burn in, is just nowhere near what the burned in teslaplex se was. (Shocker 🙄) I guess, no judgement should be made until the outlet is broken in, and I shouldn't have even put the migs on until the outlet stabilizes.  

I guess my excitement got the best of me, and now I've disrupted the state of the system...it's going to be a long break in process, for sure.  

tweaking is definitely season-taste, season-taste.

anyone else have any similar experience? 

audiolover718

Showing 3 responses by audiolover718

Came home tonight, and heard some promise, but definitely still cooking.  I can tell, even though the outlet hasn't cooked yet, that the black outlet is smoother than the teslaplex se, and doesn't have the sizzle factor.  Still waiting for the soundstage to bloom. Bill Evans, live at at the village vanguard sounded very smooth tonight, but had no sparkle, and the soundstage has not blossomed just yet.  Everything is still "attached to the speakers". BUT,  it definitely sounds better than yesterday.  It's obviously a great outlet, because they are used in my power conditioner, I just have to be patient for the one I'm the wall to catch up to the ones in the conditioner. 
So, I pulled the migs out and put the tenderfeet back. The migs have a better controlled bass, but the highs, at least at the moment, don’t seem as sweet. The outlet has 100 hours, so it should start to open up soon. The teslaplex se still wins at the wall for now.  On another note, I installed the UEF panels today. They are fantastic. I’ll probably do a review at some point. They give a huge shot of focus, and bring you to the front row. The system also sounds smoother from top to bottom. After 150-200 hours pass on the outlet, I will revisit the migs and do a more involved comparison. Right now, it’s just too much change. My Sony SACD player may not mesh well with them. The panels however, are a no brainer.
An update-

a twist in the story-  

The day I installed the black outlet, we had guests, and I had to inflate a full size air mattress and use the music room for the guests. Because I am lazy, I left it there for a while, and just now cleared it from the room...

You guessed it instant improvement in transparency.  A huge vinyl air bladder in your room is NOT good. It is basically a big sympathetic drum killing the clarity.   I honestly didn't think anything of it. I should  have known better, honestly and not been lazy in putting the air mattress away.  I dint think it would have affect the room in such a way!  Now I know.  

It it seems the black outlet is indeed on the path to greatness.  I'm just a fool.