Springs under turntable

I picked up a set of springs for $35 on Amazon. I intended to use them under a preamp but one thing led to another and I tried them under the turntable. Now, this is no mean feat. It’s a Garrard 401 in a 60pound 50mm slate plinth. The spring device is interesting. It’s sold under the Nobsound brand and is made up of two 45mm wide solid billets of aluminum endcaps with recesses to fit up to seven small springs. It’s very well made. You can add or remove springs depending on the weight distribution. I had to do this with a level and it only took a few minutes. They look good. I did not fit them for floor isolation as I have concrete. I played a few tracks before fitting, and played the same tracks after fitting. Improvement in bass definition, speed, air, inner detail, more space around instruments, nicer timbre and color. Pleasant surprise for little money.
128x128noromance
twoleftears, 800 volts and 250 amps and you should be in great shape.

Lewm, you and none of those other people obviously have not heard a system like this. I would love to have you over for a quick demonstration and don't forget I am a fellow ESL lover. I am talking everything from Beethoven's early string quartets to Nine Inch Nails. If you think your system images now, I can make it image a lot better. If you think you have decent bass now, I can make Ron Carter materialize in your listening room. Any system you have heard was either set up incorrectly or it was using a sub standard unit without the necessary processing speed or resolution.  
Ron Carter is already in my room.... Imaging is so good the sound exist independantly of the speakers....

And "liveliness" is a quality in acoustic linked to among many factors with the reverberation time and synchronisation and participate among at least 5 others characteristics to define the mysterious fact of "timbre" in acoustic...

I dont know if a computer program can modify the reverberation time in a specific room with a specific varied content ....Playing with frequencies he can compensate to a certain degree but using it positively for a set of ears in particular in the perception of timbre, i think that it cannot....

The " liveliness" of my sound result from my playing and work among other factors with this reverberation timing....The guide was my ears.....Ordinary ears by the way.... The myth of bat ears is a bad joke by some to discredit the use of our "biased" ears in audio, ears with which i listen to music without being able to de-biased them to this day...I know that computer formulas can make the room perfect for non biased and perfect ears tough....But not for mine Alas! :)

If someone designed a big void room especially and only for music and for a crowd, a set of law applies very well and straightforwardly...

If someone want to accomodate a small Room with an already disparate acoustical content (furnitures, coofins, books etc) for a pair of specific ears, using these biased ears is for me necessary.....Laws under the guise of computer algorithm will lack something and will miss some fact to work with like reverberation time for a particular set of ears(mine) in a small ordinary room and not for the crowd in a big musical hall....Reverberation time for example cannot play the same role in these 2 different locations....

Liveliness is not reducible to transparency for example....

By the way i am not a scientist, only a nut without money who create his own heaven by homemade device only.....

I succeed to my satisfaction..... :)
indranilsen, The MinusK platform is not that hard to use. You move the turntable around on it until each corner of the platform compresses the same distance. It takes about 15 minutes to get it right. When you order the platform it is made for the specific weight of your turntable. You do not have to deal with spring rates at all. 
My feeling on the subject is straight forward. I will not use a turntable that is not isolated. I would rather buy a well engineered turntable, suspension built in than have to mess around with MinusK platforms and such. There are many excellent suspended turntables from the Sota Sapphire all the way to the Dohmann Helix and Air Force Tables. I think Thorens makes a few at a lower price point. A good suspended table should be immune to everything up to an elephant stepping on it. I can bang the side of my Sota with a hammer and it will not skip and you won't even hear it through
the system. 
mijostyn
Lewm, you and none of those other people obviously have not heard a system like this.
Impressive. Do you also read tea leaves, tarot cards and perform remote viewing?
... A good suspended table should be immune to everything up to an elephant stepping on it ...
I'm inclined to mostly agree. And yet, in another thread, you claimed this:
If I delete the subsonic filter from the program it ia mass pandemonium. It looks like the drivers want to jump right out of the cabinet. It is just inherent in vinyl if you have a good system capable of reproducing deep bass.
As I've mentioned, and as many have demonstrated, such a problem is not at all inherent in LP playback.
To get back to the actual subject of this thread......

I experimented a little more with the pods under my 401 as it was still a little off balance to my eyes.

Now have 3 springs in left rear and 2 springs in the other 3 corners.
Had to go back to 4 pods as where the rear center needed to be was right where the motor cutout is.

Bass is still nice and tight and very detailed all round.