Splitter on gpa 555!pre amp output

I have had two bridged Adcom gfa 555s since 1989 into 4 speakers. Is it safe to buy a one into two splitter for the left and right outputs on my pre-amp so I could run each amp independently for each pair of speakers?

ramm440

Showing 7 responses by ramm440

The pre-amp is a GFP-555. Would you think/guess this is a better way to run these two amps vs bridged in mono? I will search for the GFPs output specs. Thanks

Keep remembering stuff because its been so long since I set this up. I also have an Adcom GFS-3 speaker selector in place. It has one input that would accept only one amp. I guess if I’m really wanting to separate the two 555s the selector needs to be removed? Is a speaker selector with 2 sets of inputs a possibility?

I am trying to play all 4 at the same time using both GFA 555s. I have been running them in mono and wired as per the manual states. I am trying to run them both amps independently in stereo using the GFP 555 and remove the GFS-3 speaker selector. The way it has been set up is not the best I understand. Please give me your thoughts so I do not cause damage. 
Thank you

Thank you this helps tremendously. Now I am trying to remember about the 2 Polk SDA 2Bs. I think the hifi store I bought them from sold me a different interconnect cable that connects the two speaker to each other after I bought the second amp. I am not sure but think the interconnect cable for running two mono amps has a box on one end. Would you happen to have knowledge of this also?   Called Polk but not any help….30 years very hard  for me to remember!! Any help is greatly appreciated.

So I removed the inner connector cable and it has a box on one end saying

“polk Audio SDA Non-Common Ground Amplifier Interface”

Does anyone know if because I had two GFA 555s bridged it causes a need for a non common ground cable?

Thanks

Thanks! Appreciate that! Polk customer service sucks for old stuff. Sounds like their in a rain forest country. Calling Adcom just want to sell me a different amp! Wtf