spkr cable: copper, silver or combo/hybrid?

Silver interconnects are too bright/harsh in my solid state system so I opted for Synergistic Research hybrids (superlative soundstage!). Now I'm faced with the question of what to use for speaker cables, copper, silver or a combo/hybrid. Will I negate the effect of the SR IC if I choose silver? I put my money in the IC and am looking for budget speaker cables in the belief that the IC is a more critical component. Am considering Signal Cable,Silent Audio, Tara Phase II... in other words, speaker cables below $200. Plus I BI-WIRE. Rega Planet into a Marantz vintage integrated driving Mordaunt-Short speakers. Input?
pmboyd

Showing 1 response by array1138

Try the non-cables advertised here on Audiogon. They are very cheap, and they will surprise you, or if you have some telephone wire, try single lead runs as per the 47 Labs wire, or some cat 5 wire if available - bare leads, no connectors, reverse the directionality of hot and ground wire so directionality is constant for the entire run. Run the cables as far away from anything electrical as you can. Give them at least a week of music play time to burn in. At least you can have some great fun while you save up for those megabuck cables, and you might decide you don't need them!
Above all, enjoy youself! I own a megabuck system, but if I like the tune, I don't care if it's playing on a cheap AM radio - I'm still going to dance!