Spin clean paired with a KAB EV-1

Hello Agoners

I just wanted to post a few words about the KAB EV-1 Vacuum, particularly when used with a spin clean. I got my ev-1 in the mail last week and have had a chance to clean several records. Before I had the ev-1, I was using the spin clean by itself. Quite a bit of my collection is used from my local record shop. I always purchase albums that are atleast VG+ but, they are often dusty and dirty. Having a way to clean them is a must. The spin clean by itself provides decent results but, it always seemed to leave a slight bit of inner groove noise even when the LP looked clean. I suspected that the cleaning fluid was leaving a residue in the groove because you must air dry the LP after cleaning it. With the KAB ev-1 used along with the spin clean is a good combination that is econamical as well. If you already have a vacuum that you can use The combined price of these two units is still a bit cheaper than a new nitty gritty 1.0 I use a small shop vac with my ev-1. Using this combination does remove almost all of the inner groove noise completely, even with really dirty records. I will list my cleaning procedure below for dirty bargain bin finds.

1.- clean record in spin clean
(this first step cleans the majority of dust and dirt)
2.- Vacuum record using the ev-1 and shopvac.
3.- apply KAB cleaning fluid and clean with the KAB micro fiber wet brush.
(this step cleans the inner groove well)
4.- Vacuum both sides of the record until dry. about 30 seconds per side.
5.- Apply a thin coat of gruv glide.

Using this method makes for some surprisingly quiet bargain bin finds and the majority of them sound brand new. I am really impressed with this setup for the money. I would highly recommend the KAB ev-1 cleaner. Does anyone here use the ev-1?
andyprice44

Showing 1 response by buconero117

You missed a step, which is use of steam as part of the 'spin' process. It makes a big difference.