Spica's TC 50 vs. Sound Dynamic RT 3's

I would appreciate suggestions regarding these two speakers. I need something for the office and have narrowed the search to these. Also would appreciate any comments concerning speaker stands and height suggestions for the RT 3's. I'm use to my main system of Quad ESL/Kinergetic subs.
I've read many things about both Spica and Sound Dynamics but haven't met anyone who has any experience with either. Office is the size of medium size bedroom. Anyone out there?
Thanks!
trebleclef
IF you are used to the Quads, gotta go with the Spica's. Rt 3's are good, but the midrange on the Spica's just sneaks up on you letting you know how good it is. I would have to say the RT 3 has better low end, and actually more extended on top, but in the midrange and depth dept, and now that I think about and read a little more(I keep notes on everything I have ever listened to at home)in the focalazation and placement, Spica has it and really a lot of other speakers in the same price range. was one of those speakers that got it amazing right at the time.
Caveat though, Original drivers no longer made for the Spica, and the woofers had very tight tolerence's in the voice coil, so if you buy a pair used, make sure they are extremely well packed. Company in PA will rebuild the woofer cheap($40) but they are so busy it takes over 6 weeks to get them back.
I owned a pair of TC50's from 1990 through 1993. I bought them because I moved into a small apartment.

I enjoyed them and they served me well. They are not well extended in either direction but what is there is fine. They have a good upper bass, which can give you a feeling of what is below. I think it is generous to say you can get 60hz solidly from them but I never measured them

The midrange and sound stage is what made them enjoyable. Also, although they go south after 16,000 they have an Audax soft dome which is smooth. They won't play at head banging levels but can handle 90hz or so in the right room. They can tend to compress if driven too hard.

Finally, both drivers are hard wired with no protection. So, if you are not feeding them good clean power you can distroy the drivers. However, they were out sourced and easy to replace.

One more thing is that they do need power. They are not they most sensitive speaker. I would say at least 100 watts with current.
I am going to respectfully disagree with a couple of posters on the power dept.. They are not the most efficient speakers in the world, but also don't get the idea that they will play loud if they have plenty of juice. If its in your office, I doubt that it is much of a concern.Just treat them like you would your Quads and it will be fine. I thought they sounding great on Audio Research/Dynaco Stereo 70.
Had the 50's and blew them. Amp was turned up all the way before warming up. Then it powered up.(it wasn't me!)
Replaced them with 60's which have just a little more at the extremes. Ported and a little more punch. Just a little less Spica sounding than the 50's but definitely still Spica's.
Just like to point out these speakers are amazing in my small bedroom, about 10'x 12'. Moved them into my larger den and the sound just collapsed, not just the bass.
I use Spica TC-60's in my main system, but I also have Axiom M3Ti's in a secondary system. If you are considering the RTS-3's, then I would recommend you look at the Axioms, as they have a very refined sound for the money.