Speed stability issues with my Teres turntable...

After 18 YEARS of flawless service, my Teres 155 series turntable has developed speed instability issues. Sometimes the red light comes on. But even when it doesn't, I can hear it. It's gotten to the point I don't want to listen to it anymore. I've already done the usual drills such as rebooting the motor (non battery version), replacing the belt, etc. The motor has STILLl got torque galore, so I don't think it's failing yet.
Could it be motor speed controller circuitry components failing? Hope not-I've got the schematic for that, but don't have the technical know how to trouble shoot that. I've already done a search, and will be looking into the bearing well, checking the bearing, and checking the tightness of the pulley. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)
analogdog
Tom, did you machine your own platter, or did you have it made? Forgive me if I've asked you this before (on this or another forum). I keep throwing this question out there waiting for someone to respond, "Oh...Let me introduce you to the guy who machined my drop-in replacement platter for the standard Teres bearing. He's done several and knows exactly what you need. They are heavy, fit perfectly, and look great!"
I did make my own.  One is 32 lbs other is 38.  Sold my PVC and straight aluminum ones.  Have a chunk of delrin which I will lead load next.  

Any machine shop could do this. Let them measure your current platter and the rest is easy.  

Enjoy the ride
Tom

Thanks to all who replied! The Maxon motor in mine is a Maxon 110189.
Believe it is still available. Chris told me he hasn't seen one fail yet. Told me to clean and lube the motor bearings, and inspect and clean the platter bearing, and to check the sensor. Will try and find Bill Pyramids posts on this subject. Thanks!!
Posting a follow up...I only reset the belt, and cleaned the sides of the platter (again). NO more problems!...it is again the ROCK STEADY friend it has been for 18 years. I don't think I did anything....really. I can't help but wonder if it was because of the high amounts of STATIC in the air when it was acting up? It can get really FREAKY dry out here in the West...like 3% relative humidity, which is about what it was when the table was acting strangely. Thinking that there might be a static charge building up between the mylar belt and the platter, I tried my Zero Stat on it. The EPROM didn't seem to like it...the motor sped up to max, and the red light stayed on. Plus I could actually see sparks arcing between the spindle and the motor! Could it have just been freaky static? I tried running an ultrasonic humidifier in the listening room, but it didn't seem to make a difference....
Good stuff. Do you have your platter bearing connected to ground?

While I love my Verus motor, I do miss the ability to start the platter spinning with a simple push (and also stopping it by hand).