Speed Control for Basis 2800 Signature

Howdy,

Wondering if anyone has used something other the Basis Synchrowave for speed control over a prolonged period of time (ie 5+ years) on any of the 2000 series TTs. I believe they all use the same motor. As much as I would love a Syncrhowave, it's out of my budget right now and speed on the table is way off. Any isights will be greatly appreciated.
128x128moryoga

Showing 1 response by larryi

I have used a synchrowave for about five years now. I very rarely bother to check for speed accuracy; when I do check, the speed is pretty close to spot on. I am less concerned over long-term speed accuracy as I am with minimizing vibration/noise from the motor which is what the synchowave provides by delivering very pure, dual phase power to the motor. I like the fact that I can change speeds using a toggle switch instead of moving the belt and that such speed change would not compromise sound quality the way single phase speed controllers changing the frequency of the AC current to the amp would adversely affect motor performance.

My only operational problem with the synchrowave is that it can be turned on by a momentary power disruption (something quite frequent in my neighborhood). This means I have to leave the motor switch in the off position to prevent the unintended switching on from causing my table to spin while I am not using it.