Spectron Audio Out Of Business?

Hi All,

Has anyone had any contact with Spectron Audio over the last few months? I have an amp of theirs that needs repair and it seems they do not answer emails or either of their phones. You can’t even leave a phone message.

Can anyone out there suggest a technician in Los Angeles who might be able to repair a Spectron Musician amp?

Thanks.
128x128brettmcee
I had the musician, the II and the III, they all broke down. Had to ship then to the US (from the Netherlands) for repairs. Twice it failed spectacularly in the sense that it destroyed a tweeter in my Dunlavy's in the process. Another time it took out a woofer.

Every time Toni & John were very helpful. I had along phone-call with John where he tried to help me identify the issue with an amp.
Great people, but the amps are not very stable.

I used to love the sound until I decided I've had it with the breakdowns and heard a Pass Labs. My spectron is now a paperweight as well :-( but the Pass sounds better so I'm happy

Maybe (they have a modulair setup) we need to make an inventory of what is broken an try to create a few working amps out of the pile of broken ones ;-)
Good Idea janisl
I have 3 defective power modules on hand.
Several commercial electronic repair shops have looked at my MII MKIII but were unable to fix the power modules.
If anyone may some extra power modules I am very interested to buy.

I knew John and Toni well.  Sad that they both passed away.  Then Simon took over and kept the business running.  Manh is our only hope for repair.  I cannot seem to reach him either.  So.... It sounds like most of us have MIII MKII amps and I imagine like me, just one channel is out.  So let's all connect and see if we can pool together our parts. Maybe we can get 3 good amps out of 6?  [email protected] for anyone interested in buying or selling or we will all just sit with paperweights.  Maybe I can leave a message with Manh and mention this idea and he will actually respond and help us.