Spectron 3SE MK2 vs Wyred 4 Sound SX-1000 S Ii

Spectron Musician 3SE MK2 vs Wyred 4 Sound SX-1000 Series Ii.

I just received an email today from a former Spectron stereo owner who has just changed amps and gone with Wyred 4 Sound SX-1000 Series Ii mono blocks.

I have never heard of these before, an attachment was sent along with other users thoughts and of course a price list. What I read was all positive obviously but then I reviewed the list price, you could get a pair of their mono blocks for a fraction of the price of only one Spectron stereo amp.

Have any other Spectron users or other similar designed amps owners listened or done any comparisons.

Your thoughts.
dev

Showing 1 response by simontju

Wyred4sound - good for a money but I doubt if they are better the Rowland and other expensive amps.

In a couple of months Kal Rubinson of Stereophile will publish review of the newest Bel Canto Ref1000 Mk2. By every body account - who has attended RMAF 2008 these relatively inexpensive amps were more or less equal to Rowland 312 as well as Spectron monoblocks even with Bybee upgrade. Regretably all three amps were in different rooms. Still, if pair of BC Ref100 MkII cost only $6k vs $14-$15 of two other mentioned amps then you have a freedom to use the "change" for killer preamp or super speakers and gain overall MUCH BETTER system.

I always loved Kal's review and I am looking forward to this one

Soon will be CRS 2009 and I expect a few surprises there ..so save you money meanwhile.