Spectral Audio DMC 10 Quality

Hello Everyone!

I'm a newbie here and I've come with a question I hope someone might be able to answer.

I'm in a bit of a situation where I have to explain the quality and cost of the Spectral Audio DMC-10 to someone who isn't familiar with high end audio. This all pertains to insurance coverage. The company likened my equipment to a Pyle Pro Pre-Amp, which is only just over $100 retail. Obviously the 2 are not the same!

But how does one find the retail or replacement cost for high end vintage audio? I don't think eBay listings will do.

If anyone has a suggestion, I would most certainly love to hear it. And if anyone has an opinion on the Spectral Audio DMC-10 I'd love to hear that too!

Many thanks in advance
audiophile-daughter

Showing 1 response by carey1110

I hate to say it but many times with insurance claim you may benefit from a claims legal consultant.  However if this is the only thing being claimed it wouldn’t be worth it. When an insurance company knows you have legal representation they become more accommodating. Insurance companies know how to find the value of items but many times they will not pursue it unless you force the issue. You can also find where an  item like yours has sold and for how much. Along  with the audiogon bluebook.