Spectral amp/preamp

I know Spectral wants users to mate their products together, but I was wondering if anyone has used a different brand preamp with a Spectral amp or vice versa and what they thought.
runner
There are many brands of amps/preamps that are as good as and better than the Spectral. Why would you want to limit yourself to just one brand.
I do think that it's very expensive for what it is. It's funny, if you read their blurb about haw fast the amps are etc., it is pretty impressive; and they certainly look good, but in the end, it always comes down to how it sounds. 
@runner You can use a Spectral pre amp with another brands amp but, not vice versa.

Personally, I wouldn’t risk voiding a warranty or a service issue. If you have a problem with those requirements or using MIT Cables. I wouldn’t even bother with Spectral.  Spectral is really designed as a system. Pre+Amp+MIT Cables

As others have stated. There are plenty of other great brands out there to try.

@ebm Not over priced garbage. Under priced compared to high end solid state from Europe; in specific Switzerland (Soulution, CH, Dartzel).

It may not be your cup of tea but, please Mcintosh isn’t in the same league as Spectral. Current and modern Mcintosh gear although nice is midfi compared to the current Spectral stuff.

I have all my components  from the same manufacturer. 
Too often, this and that doesn't work well together, even though they could work wonderfully in a different system.