Specific to CROFT phono users

I will keep it simple. Seeking opinions.... At this level ($2K US for integrated w/phono), should I choose a HO or MM, and ride off in to the sunset. OR... do you feel this unit warrants employment of a good SUT, and a mid priced MC? 
fjn04
@fjn I should also note that your preference for warm (i.e. colored) sound indicated by preferring the JJs may mean you will be happy with less ultimate detail. I’m not sure. I know that when I changed my JJs out for Telefunkens, it was like I’d cleaned my windshield.
Agree with your point that nothing in the chain can make that back. I am  willing to sacrifice some detail. I have the Harbeth P3's are in a smaller square shape room, around 11 X11 feet... I'm willing to sacrifice some openness and detail for warmth. I think if the right balance is found, the Harbeth's will hold up their end of the bargain. A matter of opinion, but I feel that feeding this system with a cartridge and/or tubes with plenty of body is playing to the strengths of the P3's. 
I would never sacrifice detail and openness for warmth. I think the very nature of high fidelity demands we extract as much detail as possible. If the system is balanced and tuned, the warmth should be present by default. Harshness and distortion can present as brightness and false detail.