Speakers with imaging "Free of the box"

I am aware of several speakers that people say produce an image "free of the box": Green Mountain Audio Continuum, Ohm Acoustics Walsh, Reference 3a DiCapo.

What speakers have you heard that do this?
128x128tvad

Showing 2 responses by zephyr24069

The new Legacy Focus 2007 HD's after proper break-in and with the right equipment paint an image such as the one you are seeking with fantastic bottom, mid and top-end. The new drivers, cross-over, etc....are a big step up for this latest revision.

I own both the Focus 20/20's and HD's and was amazed at how the HD's have achieved a great 'disappearing act' that is free of the box if I understand your question correctly...
Chadnliz: Being and owner of the Focus 20/20's, I held the same belief however the Focus HD's surprised me in that regard once I got them, burned them in and placed/cabled them properly. The Focus 20's and the HD's are in the same room and the difference is very noticeable...I'm sure that other speakers do this better however the HD's still pull it off which is a welcome surprise on top of all the things that they do well.