speakers with balls

Hello friends
I live in a modern unit!! of medium size!!
 I/m running a pair of Zu soul's, on some recordings, sound great, other's could be better!!, I'm looking at the below, my amps are "audio labs" mono blocks!! approx 250 WPC
I'm looking for a speaker that "rocks"!!
I have a short list of speakers, that according from web sites, are a good match
1. Magnepan 1.7
2. Magnepan 1.7.i
3. Gallo Acoustics  3.5
These are some speakers, that am willing to consider
 anymore more speakers, that you can recon-end??
128x128daveyonthecoast
I'm running a pair of ATMs (SCM12 Pro) on my desktop--and I'm immensely impressed by these big 2-ways. 

They eat power for breakfast (powering them w/Wyred4Sound ST500 amp @255WPC). They can get so much louder than I would be able to tolerate in this home office (13' X 13"). 

Bass is rather astounding for a 2-way. Articulation is off the charts. Lots of detail, but not bright/peaky. I see why the studio types go batshit over these.

Strongly recommended. And BTW, if you spend even more money, you can get the same drivers/crossover in a "prettier" wood enclosure that's somewhat smaller in volume (11 liters vs 12 liters): 
https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers/atc-scm11-v2-bookshelf-speakers
ukaszwk16 posts03-23-2018 9:36amOk, so oddly no one has mentioned it but if you want a speaker that truly rocks and does everything else extremely well Klipsch Palladium is what you have to consider, either the p37f, 38 or 39. They pop up here and there on different sites used occasionally and do exactly what you're looking for. No, they are not bright if they're driven with quality gear. Frankly my search would start and stop there

Owned them.

Everyone ears are different.  I used pretty warm electronics.

Above 90dbs - too damn bright.  I was bummed.  Cymbals came way too forward in the mix for me.  Also, they don't hit low.  Not nearly enough bass.  The RF7II's do better in the bass.

I'm not a klipsch hater, in fact I like them in many cases.  The palladiums look great, they have very little horn coloration, they are fast, and at lower levels sound great (a little bass shy).

But, I wished they were a bit less bright at volume, and simply had more bass.

I drive the Heresy IIIs with a small-ish 12 watt per side SE amp, use a tube preamp, and 2 REL subs. These speakers are clear and clean with no treble fatigue, and this system will play anything you put through it with aplomb (yeah man…aplomb). No low bass with these but the RELs supply that bit, and I've listened for harshness as I can't stand incoherence. I hooked my mosfet SS amp up to them to test the tube grease factor in an attempt to keep things honest. They sound fine with the SS amp (around 8 times the power of the SE amp), but much better with tubes, still retaining clarity and 99db efficiency which allows them to play loud even with 12 watts.
I have owned epi,magneplaner,polk,altec,klipsch,infinity,heil, advents,, and jbl 4408,4410,4412,112,100,l65,l300,l36,96,and now revel f208....go cheap and try vintage large advents...you can always get your money back and try something else
I have the Proac D48R and listen to a lot of classic rock. They are outstanding......very versatile speaker.