Speakers to pair with Arcam A65 plus under $600?

I just picked up my Arcam A65 plus. Its hooked up to Music HAll mmf cd25, and PSB Alphas. Its not broken in yet but so far it sounds a little too dark, with the bass being too emphasized. I stopped by a local dealer and heard the B&W cdm 1nt(too expensive), the 800(way too expensive), and the 604s3(about the right price). The cdm's and 800's sounded so beautiful, alas they are out of my price range but the 602s3 aren't. Im also considering Kef Q1s and Jmlab 706's. I heard the 706's and an acoustic guitar sounded a little harsh. It has great detail and rhythm but...the harshness.I listen to a lot of hip hop,reggae,funk,dance,classic rock and crappy pop(girlfriend). I need something that has the detail to handle classic rock guitars, and the speed and power to handle the dance music.But no harshness or brightness, please. Any suggestions?
bundee1

Showing 1 response by mattybumpkin

For what it is worth, the Oct. "02" issue of "What HIFI", under their "Sound Advice" section, match up the Arcam CD62 and the Arcam A65 with Quad 11L monitors. At 379 Pounds Sterling, they would be around $600 US new (if my math is approx. right).

Matty