Speakers to mate with Mac MC402 under $5k

I am in the process of wrapping up a renovation of space for dedicated HT/2 ch listenning. The room is 13.5' x 25'. We will be sitting facing the 13.5' wall.

Pieces of the 2 channel system I own and want to keep are a Naim CDX cd player and the MC402 amp. I have an order in for a Supratek Chardonnay to try out, but am open to other preamps also. Need to be tubed with HT bypass and a remote.

My current speakers are Dynaudio Audience 80's and home made Wilson CUB clones (Proteus) that I am looking to upgrade. I've had B&W 801s3's and 802N's in the past, but am not a big fan of the B&W sound.

Local dealers seem to only have B&W, Aerial, Dynaudio, Avalon, limited Revel, Dali, and Harbeth. Preference is for used to get the best value for my $$. The dealer who sells Mac has them paired with the Aerial 8b's and 9's, but I was not overly impressed.

Any help on what mates well with this amp is appreciated.

THX.
Frank
fpv

Showing 2 responses by jaybo

made-in-heaven would be your system with a mac2200 tube pre....check out the gradient revolutions/castle howards/totem forests.....all well under 5k...all great with mac from top to bottom