Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have owned a pair A/D/S L710 speakers since 1978. They are just as sweet today as they were then. Today i am using them with a Marantz 2285 receiver from yesteryear (sp?) and baby can these things rock. In fact I am such an ADS fan I recently bought a pristine pair of late '70's L810's which I use with my Naim nac62/nap90, Rotel RCD 1070 setup. Again, pretty sweet. Anybody offer ideas to sway me away from ADS?
I'm a little surprised by the lack of response on these postings for Vandersteen. I have the 5A's and he promises an upgrade path to always keep it on the cutting edge.
Stacked Original Advents. Had 1st set for 31 yrs. Added second set later on. First set is placed upside down on first set and they are wired in series for 16 ohms. Right now I upgrading my system. I won't know if there are any better speakers today until I get my system sounding as good as possible and then compare other speakers. The only speakers I have listened to recently that compare to the Advents are the Wilson Speakers. Most speakers today are garbage, lacking midrange and accurate bass.
The last ones you buy as you get off this audiophile path - good luck. BTW, I'm 66 and MAY be done with speakers now - Watt/Puppy 8's serving well.