Speakers to audition at AXPONA 2015

Hello All,

My new medium sized room (15 X 18 X 8) is now complete and I have moved my system into this room. The sound in this room seem so very "open". I have never had this size room before, all dedicated to audio. I feel I need bigger speakers to fill the room - especially in the bass area.

I would be going to the AXPONA 2015 in Chicago next week and would like to visit as many roomas as I can - especially the ones that are demoing loudspeakers. But here is what I am looking for:

1. Price range of $5-$7K
2. Sensitivity of at least 89db at 8 ohms
3. Floor stander
4. Full range (though may not cover the last octave), but should not need a subwoofer to complement bass
5. Musicality over hyper-detailed

Can you folks please suggest some speakers that meet these criterias?

I will most likely go with a Oppo BDP-105D as a CDP upgrade. Also will retain the TVC, as it is so transparent and a great match to my amplifier.

Thanks!
128x128milpai

Showing 5 responses by mapman

EBM jumps on BOSE or Magico depending on how the economy is doing that day. :^}
I believe I recall Dale Harder will be showing his Walsh driver based speaker line there. That would be my primary destination.
Will Audiokinesis be there? I would check those out as well.

Tekton also if there.
The Zephrin looks very interesting and available at a very competitive price point it would seem.

I know AK is big on factoring in the reverberant field which makes sense to me. I guess these are designed to go closer to walls than might be possible otherwise?

The general approach reminds me somewhat of the old OHM I, which was OHMs first attempt at a successor to the original Walsh design. The floor level drivers firing upward is a different twist that would seem to have some geometrical advantages.

Which I was going to this show. Definitely some unique items to sample there this year.