Speakers & the room

After a couple of years playing around with different speaker positions I came to a conclusion.My room sucks..No matter what I do I can't get it right..My room is about 15x24 with 3 different ceiling hights..My speakers are about 5' from the back wall and 3' from the sides.This seems to be the best but it's so far off from what I want.I have moved my listening position everywhere also.If I sit at the same distance away from the speakers as they are apart my imaging is great but I'm missing the bass and the extreme lows.And of course if I move my listening position farther to the back wall i get great bass but the imaging vanishes.I hear very large tonal changes with even small changes in my listening position.is my room doomed or is there help?My speakers are Artemis/EOS full range with tons of acoustic treatments from auralex.Any help would be appreciated..
spaz
Spaz , I heard the Artemis EOS speakers at a dealer years back.He kept the speakers about 15 feet apart.I heard them again in a home and they were about 7 feet apart.IMO although good at 15 feet they were to die for at 7 feet.Have you tried them closer together?? Also disconnect them from the bass and listen.It may be that the best placement for the EOS' is not to the Bass modules liking.
Great system,I hope you figure it out soon
When I had the EOS Sigs in my apartment I had them about 7 feet apart, too, with a listening distance of about 11.5 feet. Absolutely wonderful with really good bass.

Kal
Thanks for all the comments.hiring a acoustic consultant seems like a good idea.Has anyone done this?If so what do they charge..With my ceiling being 3 different hieght's it seems like the tonal differences change within each hieght.How can I change this without changing the ceiling.The first part of the ceiling under the speakers is homemade tiles.The frames are made of MDF and then covered with speaker cloth.From a distance it looks like a drop ceiling but it's not.I wanted to get the extra hieght in the ceiling.The theory was the sound can go through and hit the floor joist and insulation for diffusion.
Rives has pricing on their website for different design packages. Since I'm a very stubborn person, I'm trying to learn as I go. At some point, I may purchase a design package from them and see how it differs from what I've done.