Speakers that turn your analytical mind off?

I am fortunate enough to own a wonderful pair of speakers and yet I catch myself noting how good a flute sounds or some other dissected component of the music rather than the music as a whole. When I'm in the shower and listening to sonos through our bathroom in ceiling speakers, I don't dissect the music and find it much easier to connect with the music.
For those left brained folks, have you found speakers that turn your analytical mind off and allow you to connect with the music ass a whole?
schw06

Showing 1 response by reynolds853

Schw06,

I recently had an opportunity to audition some Mosaic interconnects and speaker cables in my system. I suspect they were the same interconnects as yours. The speaker cables were the entry level ones, but I wish I could have heard the top-of-the-line ones. I posted my thoughts about how the interconnects played in my system on my main system page. I didn't leave the speaker cables in my system long enough to form much of an opinion so I didn't post about them.

I also had an opportunity a couple of weekends ago to listen to a system with those same Mosaic interconnects and speaker cables, Essence Jasper mono blocks, and Intuitive Design Denali speakers. It sounded really nice. That system was doing some things that my system doesn't, but I think my system extracts more delicacy from certain recordings. Anyway, from the combination of my recent experience of fiddling around with those interconnects and hearing what I guess are older, bigger cousins of your speakers, if I were trying to take your system in a less analytical direction I'd first consider the interconnects and speaker cables rather than the speakers themselves. I've never heard your speakers but if they are indeed cousins of the ones I heard, meaning a Dale Pitcher speaker, I wouldn't be too quick to change them out of the system.

Cheers,

John