Speakers that have wide horizontal dispersion

I need your advice on the best used speakers for a room that is 22 by 22 with a 14 foot cathedral ceiling. Primary listening is classical, jazz, vocal. I'd like advice on those speakers that have a wide horizontal dispersion so that someone doesn't have to sit in a precise location to hear the best sound. Budget is $1500-2,000. Thanks.
chipdi
A conventional speaker that throws a wide soundstage is the Triangle line from France.
a wide horizontal dispersion so that someone doesn't have to sit in a precise location to hear the best sound. Budget is $1500-2,000.

ATC have wide dispersion (Dome Mid) but you will need an SCM20 or more to fill that size room....so look second hand carefully ....the only drawback is you may find you lack bass...so it would not be my first choice given your budget.

Energy also devote a lot of effort to off axis response and the top of the line Veritas (again look for second hand) can certainly fill a room of that size with plenty of bass and a very even sound field (wide sweetspot) ...probably a better option than ATC.

I suspect Duke may have a speaker that also will work perfectly for you - as he takes as much time working on and worrying about a good off axis response as other designers do about chasing flat on axis - or at least, if not his own design, I suspect Duke will have plenty of good suggestions!

Good Luck.
Second the Ohm Walsh. The 100 M3 are in your price range and with adequate power will do the job very nicely. I'm pushing 60w/ch and the speakers are rated to 150W/CH.

They throw an amazingly wide soundstage are very quick & dynamic, go down to 30 hz (in M2 cabinets). I'm a very satisfied customer. I've had them for about 2 yars now.