Speakers than can run 2 different amps

Is it possible to buy speakers that can run say a tube amp for mids/highs & SS for woofers? If so, I'm looking for speaker companies that make such models.
most speakers made today separate mid/high and woofer connections - enabling biwiring or passive biamping (which is what you want to do). Setting up such a configuration (tube on hi, ss on low, requires that your amps be able to balance the gain so they are matched.
Bdgregory beat me to it. Single binding posts on high quality speakers is much less common than the biamping/biwiring type as described. If you try this, you have to carefully match the gain from both amops and don't forget to take off the jumpers/straps that connect the top and bottom posts.
Most bi-wired speakers will divide the terminal cross-over in the midrange. The sonic difference between the two amps will be very audible in a bad way. You would be way better off buying a tube friendly 2-way, biwire if you want utilizing the tube amp and then power a separate woofer/sub woofer speaker with your SS amp.
...and it's not just gain matching that you must be concerned with. There can be issues with impedance matching, crossovers, etc, etc. Please check out some of the other Agon threads on bi-amping before you jump in.

Here's a discussion on why you might want to just stick with bi-wiring instead (because it's good, and also easy):


That said, check out Gallo Reference series and their optional SA power amp used for bass range with 3.1(&3.5?).
Thanks guys. Now that I know what it's called, I am able to do more reaserch. With that being said, it's sounding like it might be a bit to complex for me to figure out.
there has been an abundance of discussion on biamping here on A'gon. Search the archives and you'll find most of what you need.
Gain Matching of the amps should be the concern if you don't want gaps between the upper/mid base/high end and the lower bass drivers. If the speakers have internal crossovers that can't be bypassed then you are stuck with using the internal passive crossovers, which isn't a real problem. Just remember that passive crossovers typically will have more losses. If the speakers have crossovers that can be bypassed or taken away altogether, then you can purchase an electronic crossover and have a good time biamping. Understand that most if not all speakers have in their crossover networks some wave shaping/wave correction circuitry to correct for issues inherent with any speaker. Therefore, before you buy an electronic crossover, please contact your speaker manufacturer and ask if another manufactuer's electronic crossover would work well with your speaker of if they sell an electonic crossover for your speaker. Typically, biamping you would want matching amps or if your crossover network (passive or electronic) comes with gain matching circuitry or switches, you can match the gains of the amps and there you go. it is relatively simple and the instructions are typically clear on what to do. So, it really isn't rocket science and doesn't take a masters degree to do this. Follow the instructions provided or ask the manufacturer. Depending on the speakers and the sensitivity of the speakers, this will help determine the power level required of the amps. but say you already are using a particular amp that you really like, then when biamping, just go get the same amp and have fun.