Speakers near fireplace

I’m moving and in the new house it seems the best speaker position would be to have them on each side of the fireplace. They’re Vandersteen 2CE Signatures. I want to put them about a foot or so to the right/left of the fireplace and about 1-1/2 feet in front of the wall with the fireplace.

There are glass doors on the fireplace but I’m thinking of replacing that with a screen.

I would plan on putting the amp, etc. further to one side of the left speaker. The only real problem I see is that there will be a cable running across the floor (in front of the fireplace) to the right speaker. That and I will have one speaker close to the amp. In the past my rig was basically in the middle of both speakers, what’s the best way to handle 12’ of cable with only 2-3 feet needed on the one side?
jetson
@2tuby...…………………………………..

Bi-wiring Vandersteen speakers should be considered mandatory. Richard Vandersteen is very insistant on that.
I realized I could post some images in the virtual system area. If you go there you can see a model and a drawing of the plan, one thing I forgot to mention is the room has built-ins. I'm allowed to remove them - would they likely help or hurt?  It's not like I can listen, take them down, and decide to put them up again. LOL
Thanks again for your help.
https://systems.audiogon.com/users/jetson
The dry infrared heating is going to accelerate aging of the plastic and foam parts. More concerning, fire places emit enormous amounts of microparticulates, largely carbon and silica, and these will accumulate in the moving parts, especially around magnetic fields, paricularly voice coils. Low level exposure to acid gases especially sulfur dioxide will deteriorate polymers, especially surrounds and spiders. Personally, I wouldn't place my prized loudspeakers or components near a fireplace. 
keep the built ins....give me a room with lots of natural odd surface diffration any day over the typical audiophile dedicated space with a forest of monoblocks on the floor right in front of the ( never used turntable)...

but......this room screams...for Vandersteen VLR and a sub, add another later....

my two cents....
Gas fireplaces with no blower should not impact speakers at least 4 feet away.  My gas unit is all about the aesthetics of the fire as without a blower I cannot feel the heat until I am right up to it! Is yours gas? Blower? Take the temp at the side and back of your speakers and you will know for sure.  4ft away the temp is 75 when my room is 72.