Speakers hung from ceiling on aircraft cable.

Opinion question:

We are thinking of suspending a pair of KEF LS50 speakers from the ceiling using aircraft cable. Do you think having them not rigidly mounted will diminish bass? Will the woofers cause the speakers to move?

davidclarke
Newton, Sounds like a biblical story that apple. I read some where some one mess the whole world up by eating a apple. Just saying. :-)
I did something similar with a pair of Klipsch La scalas in college.  We hung the tweeter and midrange from the ceiling..  While imaging might have suffered (i dont remember nor did i care) it was AWESOME!  It made the speakers sound much bigger than they were and were so much fun.  

Bass will be fine since these don't go that deep anyway.  

There's often too much credit given to "imaging" on here.  Sometimes you just want good sound and you're not always sitting in that one sweet spot.  I think they'll sound great.
Basically they will be "near field" monitors around my work desk.  I have a couple of powered KEF woofers too.  I think the LS50 are so massive compared to the driver there will be no issues.  Plus I cross them over at 100hz. 
2left....Those Venus speakers look more like security cams to me....not that I'm paranoid, mind you....

(Matrix 'come hither' finger curl) C'mon, cupcakes...*nasty smile*

I've seen the 'cube in cube' suspended speaker DIY.  At least paint or 'grain' the pipes to cover the f'n labels, Chuckie....*damn*...lame....

I'd be more impressed if they were hypercubes....;)