Speakers for small room,near field

I need some wisdom and advice from you fellow Audiogoners. I've been shopping for some replacement speakers. They are for a pure stereo system (no multi channel stuff here!). The room is approximately 12'x 30', with normal ceiling. My system consists of a McIntosh 6450 integrated amp (100 watts X 2), McIntosh 7008 CD changer, Audio Note DAC-1, with Boston Acoustic A-150 speakers (circa 1981). I listen to mostly jazz, acoustic and classical. However, I've broken out the old Led Zep from time to time! Even though the room is quite long, my listening position is limited to within about 6-8 feet due to seating constraints. My budget is around $2000 - $2500 (maybe a little more) new or used. I've been reading reviews trying to figure out what would be good in my particular system until I can't see straight!! So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance-

John
stereomaniac

Showing 1 response by mp10019

The Fact is, room size in Europe is even smaller!
I think Europeans have the upper hand with regard to
Designing Speakers for small rooms. JMLABS I hear designed there Mezzo speaker for the small room. I have auditioned the JMLAB Mezzo in a small room and it was Fabulous...
Mp10019