Speakers for Rock Music

I am looking to get a second pair of speakers for rock music.All my electronics are rotel.I currently have the B&W 683's but am looking for something that will kick butt for 70's and 80's rock.Looking for full range speakers with lots of bass.Price under 2000.00 and will buy used.Thanks
shaunp
Being a Classic Rock and Heavy Metal fan myself, and having tried many loudspeakers myself, only two options left:

B&W 802D

or if you budget is limited

Canton Karat 790 DC or 770 DC, excellent sound (value) for the money.

I also recommend to take Pink Floyd The Wall CD with you and listen to CD one at the very loud volumes. This will quickly show any shortcomings

Good Luck
UREI 813 speakers (A B or C lettered). Big dynamics, time aligned and used on plenty of mixing consoles. Of course they need to be played LOUD to sound best. Not everyone's cup of tea, with the right electronics they are the most dynamic speakers I've ever heard.
UREI 813 speakers (A B or C lettered). Big dynamics, time aligned and used on plenty of mixing consoles. Of course they need to be played LOUD to sound best. Not everyone's cup of tea, with the right electronics they are the most dynamic speakers I've ever heard.

Excellent suggestion - these were legendary in their day. Many of these famous horn studio speakers have been or are being replaced by modern speakers like ATC SCM 150 or 300's (Pink Floyd used Urei 813's until they switched to ATC around 1990) - hence for $2K you can often find some used 80's studio speakers at a very good price (some are just sitting in storage waiting for someone willing to restore them). Also try to look for used JBL 4435's or even Westlakes (although Westlakes are rare and rather expensive even used)