Speakers for Rock Music

I am looking to get a second pair of speakers for rock music.All my electronics are rotel.I currently have the B&W 683's but am looking for something that will kick butt for 70's and 80's rock.Looking for full range speakers with lots of bass.Price under 2000.00 and will buy used.Thanks
shaunp
look at von schweikert vr2 or meadowlark kestrel--lots of thwack; usually around a grand used. psb golds are also a good rec.
Some very good recommendations and I thank all of you.The only thing on the list so far that is close to me is a pair of JBL 4411 studios and would give them a listen but I do not like that they are properly used by laying them on their side.The Klipsch KLF 20's look interesting and so do the PSB Stratus gold i.As you an probably tell I am also looking for a very big set of speakers.The VMPS and PSB are on my list and hope to find a pair in my area to audition and know it will take time as the are not readily available.
Dynaudio audience 82. There is a new pr here for 1500. They are big and they rock hard.
I always thought Vandersteens were good for rock with a big bass and warm mids complimented by smooth highs. They can rock plenty loud too.