Speakers for Magnum Dynalab MD208?

Hi everyone. It's been a long time. I'm glad to see that Audiogon, and it's members, are doing well. I'm building a system around a Magnum Dynalab MD208 for our den, and would like to find speakers that match the amp (and the room) very well. The room is 15 x 20 x 8, and we listen to mostly classical and jazz. Our budget is around $3000 new or used, but I would not mind spending less! The speakers have to be floor standers, and should be "clean" from the midbass up; it they are not "full range", that's OK, we can always add a pair of powered subs later on. Also, the room is acoustically rather strange; it behaves more like a small dead room due to the angled side walls (almost no side wall refelctions-no parallel surfaces)...I'm very interested in anyone out there that actually has used the MD208, but 2nd hand experience (ie at a dealer, at a freinds house, etc) is OK too. Thanks. Robert.
nyjazzcat5f95

Showing 1 response by monk

Merlin TSM-M's mate very well with Sim Audio gear! Blue circle as well for that matter. I think they would work very well in your space, and gear, as well with WAF.