speakers for exposure 2010s

looking for small floorspeakers or monitors that have good synergy with the exposure 2010s
maurager

Showing 1 response by prishd

I'm also on the quest of finding an ideal speaker for my 2010s. Currently i'm using wharfedale diamond 9.1 75th anniv. edition with nominal impedance of 6 ohm.
Is it true that only 8ohm speaker would be ideal for 2010s? This is based on:
1) My system sound rather odd, it's like there is pressure in the sound, the speaker sounding tensed, especially in the mid region. It can also sound too "high spirit" or "in a hurry", I'm sure that tempo of some songs become abnormal, become too quick.
I have less problem if the cd material is well recorded such as from Reference recordings, telarc, chesky. but with many cd from regular recording companies, these problems very likely to occur.
2) 2010s manual book mention that it is compatible with almost any loudspeakers but would be best if paired with 8ohm speakers.
3) Exposure doesn't give specification such as power rating at any other impedance than 8ohm.
no. 2 & 3 above: is it just me or exposure really implying that there might be an issue if using lower impedance speakers?
Any opinion on this guys? Thank u in advance.