Speakers for ARC REF.1 pre amp, VT200 amp

PLEASE ADVICE ON GREAT SPEAKER THAT COMPLEMENT AUDIO RESEARCH VT200 TUBE AMP. & REFERECE 1 PRE AMP. ALSO INCLUDE IN YOUR COMMENTS SPK. CABLES AND INTERCONECTS.
angel

Showing 1 response by john_l

I have heard that ARC voices with Genesis speakers. I know they have demoed at CES with Wilson Watts for the last few years, and this year with Vandersteen 5's. I have the ref 1 with a vt100m2 and the van 5s. One characteristic of arc equipment seems to be that it mates well with just about any speaker. The magnepan 1.6 was glorious with my vt100. My system right now has wonderful instrument fullness, weight, harmonics, and timbre but is slightly less detailed than my old magnepan 1.6 and audio physic virgos. A benefit of this is that it is less sizzly and more relaxing to listen to.

For cables I have read in stereophile that fremer found the harmonic tech silver cables to be the best match for the ref 2 and vtm-200. I am using nordost spm and red dawn with good results interconnects with good results. I tried the harmonic tech copper truthlink and found it lost a little resolution to nordost spm. Made quite a showing for itself though.