Speakers For A Mini System

I want to buy a one unit mini system for another room in my house. I am considering an Arcam Solo or Solo Mini, a Cambridge Audio One or NAD C715. I do not want separate components for this space, not even an integrated and CDP. I am looking for some advice on what type of speaker to pair with such a system, as I have no experience whatsoever with mini systems. I'm looking to spend about $400 used on the speakers. One thought that I had was Totem Mites or Dreamcatchers, might they work? BTW, I have read positive reviews of the Denon D M37 which includes its own speakers. Has anyone actually hard this system?
craig_hoch
i own era 5s ,bought new for 6,but in the used market a better price can be found, i am using an arcam movie and love it. simple, what ever ,movie,music, and the era speakers are excellent in balance from top to bottom. the 4s are around also but i have not heard them. there is a dealer who has closeouts, a certain wood , up new...i have also used them with a linn classic with great results...dwhitt
Totems and little Ushers are great but I would also listen to I would think about Aperion.A few more bucks NHT SB or Classics that you can afford).Some times (like now on 'Gon)you can find a used pair of Quads.I have the $1100 self powered one in my mini rig (got a great deal for $400 on 'Gon) and there is pair up now and my guess is they would blow away the respectable NAD amps.I got a great deal at $400 myself though I wish I had found a pair of 12L powered (or passive) for bass.But Totem makes a value product.Just some options for a bit more low end.I would stay away from Denon mini systems (In sold them years ago)bought one with Mission speakers.Build quality does not hold up and when one element craps out (Switches,the CD tray whatever) you lose all elements to repair or total scrapping so keep it separate.
Chazz
I just set up a system with Arcam Mini Solo and Usher 520 minitors and was shocked at how good it sounded. Dynamic, with respectable detail and bass on 24" massed stands. Acoustic piano, voice and acoustic bass were all very decent.